Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Slow Start...

I have been exhausted as of late. Probably my lack of activity.

I woke up this morning and went walking. I will do the same tomorrow morning. Once i get up I'm good to go...

My 10 year HS reunion is in September...yeah its been that long.

I'm going to make reservations for Q and I to spend the weekend at Gaylord Opryland Hotel...I can't wait! I believe if you work hard you should splurge every now and again...even though its just a weekend.

We had a Stick Together Moment today...I took a concept from Good to Great...OF COURSE! Our team is all women...and whenever we talk about ourselves we talk about our significant others and children and friends and family...but we as women are so much more complex than just those things. Women are so compartmentalized but sometimes was let our traditional roles define us. But my being Quenton's wife or Sharon and Sekum's daughter and someones sister is not all that there is to me. I am passionate about those relationships but I am passionate about other things to.

So I asked everyone what they were passionate about and we got to go beneath that external layer and get to the heart of who we are in addition to the mom, wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend! Wow how awesome. What are you passionate about?? So many exciting things were revealed about my peers...the funny thing is that no one had ever asked any of them what they were passionate about.

Personally I believe that if you can't be passionate about something...you shouldn't do it. Why? Because greatness is impossible without PASSION!

2 comments:

  1. I feel like all I ever do is talk about I great I am. Esp on my blog. Oops. I should really get over myself! One day...

    In a world where we are forced to wear so many hats, passion gets lost in the hustle & bustle of it all. It's quite sad but I can't think of a single thing in my life I'm "passionate" about right now. I love to travel, I love to entertain (including cooking!), I love to work out, I love yoga, I love fashion, I love to write letters & cards. But I'm not really engaging in any of these hobbies full heartedly. Maybe because my job takes up 99.9% of my time? I feel as if I'm living my life with my eyes half open, barely getting by, with no real time to develop & engage in new and old hobbies. I can't seriously wait for residency to be over. Ask me again in about 2 years!

    What are YOU passionate about?

    You are such an amazing friend, despite our distance both in time & space. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too, even though you caused me to have to address a rift in my relationship! But we had to deal with it...now we have to figure out where we are going to go from here. Talk to yo soon! Jen

    *yes we have a blog now..It is therapeutic...

    ReplyDelete