Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Couch to 5k??

Soooooo can I do this guys???

Couch to 5k

I'm starting tomorrow along with trying to get Zumba in at least twice a week. I have never been able to run. If anyone ever asked me I would always say..."I don't run..I walk." Well I don't run because I am afraid of running. I'm afraid of that feeling that tells me I'm giving my heart a work out...because well it feels like I can't breathe and that's a scary!

But I can run because well I have two feet and I want to be able to run a few miles. That would be huge for me and since I'm making great strides in my life to move in a positive direction I want to try this. Couch to 5k.

So I'm supposed to do this for 3 days Week 1:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

No problem Right!

So the message I need give myself is that this is NOT about losing weight...its about being WELL physically emotionally and mentally. I will not be buying a scale or getting on one. I just want to be able to run for now. One small step at a time, one foot in front of the other and before I know it my goal will be attained.

So I'm working on two of my goals right now.

1. Going natural - Hair care
2. Running

What things are you guys working on right now???!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment